close menu

Claim your work mileage tax rebate in two simple steps

If you work in the UK and use your car to travel to different places as part of your job, you may be able to claim a mileage tax rebate from HM Revenue & Customs. Whether you use your car daily, weekly, monthly or only once, you could be entitled to a refund.



Let us help you claim for travel expenses

You may be able to claim a refund for any mileage you incur in order to fulfil your duties of employment, including visits to clients, travelling to different offices or running to the bank.

As this category of tax rebate only includes business travel, commutes to and from your permanent place of work cannot be reclaimed.

What can you claim for?

  • Travelling to visit clients
  • Fuel purchased while driving a company vehicle
  • Travelling between offices
  • Carrying passengers for work purposes

How do I claim?

The first step is to fill out the online Tax Refund Claim Form. Then, we will send you our Claim Pack, which you will need to send back, along with your P60s and P45s. If you need help obtaining these documents, your 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant can assist you with that too.

What will it cost?

We work on a strict no refund, no fee policy, and charge a low 15% commission for a successful claim. So you have nothing to lose and hundreds of Pounds to gain should you be eligible for a tax rebate.

Don’t be one of the thousands who miss out on substantial tax refunds by not claiming their tax rebate. Speak to a qualified consultant on +44 (0) 80 8141 5503 or email us for a free assessment.

Get an estimate on what you may be due with our tax return calculator:


Tax year | The tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year (i.e. the 2012/2013 tax year ran from 6 April 2012 to 5 April 2013).
Gross pay | Add together the gross income from ALL employments you had during the tax year you are claiming for.
Expenses | Add together all your work-related expenses for the year you are claiming for. NB: please remember to keep all your invoices and receipts.
Tax paid | Add together the tax paid from ALL employments you had during the tax year you are claiming for. (This does not include National Insurance.) You can find this figure on your P60 form or final payslip for the year.
Don’t have your documents? Click here.

This tax refund calculator provides an estimate of your tax refund, based on the information you enter.

Tax refund due to you:



Other types of tax rebates

We have some exciting news
for all our 1st Contact clients...

1st Contact is rebranding to Sable International!

For the last 18 months we've been merging with our big brother, Sable International. By the end of the year, we're going to complete the rebrand.

The accountants, brokers, advisors and caseworkers that you are used to dealing with will not be going anywhere as the entire 1st Contact team will be in the same roles at Sable International. You'll still get that same great service, just under a new name.

We'll be keeping you in the loop as we prepare for the next exciting phase in this rebranding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.