close menu

Do you have your P60?

by 1st Contact | Jun 08, 2011
  • It’s the end of the tax season and now is a good time to apply to claim back any tax you may have overpaid in the last tax year, as well as the past 4 years, if you haven’t claimed previously.
  • Accounting


    What is a P60?

    A P60 is a legal tax form which contains a summary of all your pay and tax details for the preceding tax year (which runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year) which you receive from your employer, provided you have worked for them for the entire year. It’s also sometimes called an ‘end-of-year certificate.’

    You might need your P60 for various reasons, including when you need to complete a self assessment tax return, claim back any overpaid tax or to apply for a loan or mortgage.

    If your employer has not yet given you your form, make sure you ask for it – by law all companies must give their employees their P60s by the 31st of May each year. If you have already received your P60 from your employer and don’t use it to apply for a tax refund, you could be missing out on hundreds of Pounds due to you.

    If you have worked only part of a tax year you should receive a P45 instead, and that can also be used to assess your tax refund.

    Apply for your tax refund

    Why not visit or call 0808 141 5501 and let a highly experienced 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant lodge a claim on your behalf?

    If you don’t have your P60, they can try to source it on your behalf, and keep you up to date with your claim process. 1st Contact works on a “No refund – No Fee” policy, so you have absolutely nothing to lose!

    • london-bus-ben
      Applying for your NI number: Don’t go it alone
      Jun 12, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • london-thames-big-ben
      10 reasons why London is still our favourite city
      May 04, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • man-working-at-home
      Get the most out of being a contractor in the UK by following these simple steps
      Mar 15, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • tax-hand-magnifying-glass
      Reap the benefits of submitting your Self Assessment tax return early
      Mar 02, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • students-graduating
      UK student visas: Here's how you can get one
      Feb 22, 2018  |  by John Dunn
    • students-school-chalk-board
      Get your child into state-funded school in the UK
      Feb 21, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • medical-cross-and-heart
      The NHS vs Medicare: Which is better?
      Jan 30, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • big-ben-london-at-night
      What is the cost of living in London in 2018?
      Jan 25, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • house-key
      To rent in the UK, you absolutely need to have the right to rent
      Jan 19, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • man-making-more-money
      This is how contractors can take home more cash
      Jan 09, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh

    Do you like cookies? We do, read why.