close menu

Uniform tax rebate. Find out if you qualify

If you wear a uniform or protective clothing at work and you have to wash and maintain it yourself, you may be due a tax refund from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Whether it’s a t-shirt with a company logo or the full uniform of a pilot, nurse or police offer, you can claim a tax rebate.



It could take you less than 10 minutes to claim a uniform tax rebate

If you work in the UK and wear a uniform, it’s likely that you are entitled to claim a work uniform tax refund. Changing your tax code could also give you substantial savings on your future tax payments.

Our experience, coupled with a good working relationship with HMRC, makes claiming your uniform tax rebate easy and hassle-free. Our no refund, no fee policy means you have nothing to lose and hundreds of Pounds to gain.

Are you eligible?

If you work in the UK and wear a uniform as part of your job, you may be eligible. Healthcare workers, police officers, cleaners, drivers, firefighters and pilots are some occupations most commonly eligible for this tax refund.

If the clothes you wear as part of your daily job have a company logo on them, you may also be able to claim.

What can you claim for?

Tax relief may be claimed for the following:

  • Cleaning costs of your uniform
  • Buying or replacing of uniforms
  • In some instances: Specialised shoes, stockings and other clothing items

How you can claim your tax refund

The first step is to fill out the online Tax Refund Claim Form. Then, we will send you our Claim Pack, which you will need to complete and send back, along with your P60s and P45s. If you need help obtaining these documents, your 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant can assist you with that too.

What it will cost you

We work on a strict no refund, no fee policy and charge a low 15% commission for a successful claim. So, if you’re eligible for a tax rebate, you have nothing to lose and hundreds of Pounds to gain.

Don’t be one of the thousands who miss out on substantial tax refunds by not claiming their tax rebate. Speak to a qualified consultant on +44 (0) 80 8141 5503 or email us for a free assessment.

Get an estimate on what you may be due with our tax return calculator:


Tax year | The tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year (i.e. the 2012/2013 tax year ran from 6 April 2012 to 5 April 2013).
Gross pay | Add together the gross income from ALL employments you had during the tax year you are claiming for.
Expenses | Add together all your work-related expenses for the year you are claiming for. NB: please remember to keep all your invoices and receipts.
Tax paid | Add together the tax paid from ALL employments you had during the tax year you are claiming for. (This does not include National Insurance.) You can find this figure on your P60 form or final payslip for the year.
Don’t have your documents? Click here.

This tax refund calculator provides an estimate of your tax refund, based on the information you enter.

Tax refund due to you:



Other types of tax rebates

We have some exciting news
for all our 1st Contact clients...

1st Contact is rebranding to Sable International!

For the last 18 months we've been merging with our big brother, Sable International. By the end of the year, we're going to complete the rebrand.

The accountants, brokers, advisors and caseworkers that you are used to dealing with will not be going anywhere as the entire 1st Contact team will be in the same roles at Sable International. You'll still get that same great service, just under a new name.

We'll be keeping you in the loop as we prepare for the next exciting phase in this rebranding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.