Use our online tax return calculator to get an estimate
As a National Health Service (NHS) worker, nurse, doctor, dentist or other professional working in the health services industry, you may be able to claim an NHS and healthcare worker tax rebate for many costs. Claims include, but are not limited to, the cleaning of your uniform, equipment, professional membership fees and the use of your car for work purposes.
Are you eligible?
Anyone working in the healthcare profession could be eligible. If you wear a uniform or protective clothing or subscribe to any professional bodies or use your car for work purposes, chances are you will be eligible for a refund.
What can you claim for?
Tax relief may be claimed for the following:
- Cleaning costs of uniforms and specialised or protective clothing
- Buying or replacing of uniforms and specialised or protective clothing
- In certain instances, nurses’ tights and shoes – the current allowance is £6 for tights and £12 for shoes per tax year
- Union and professional fees paid to Unison, RCN, NMC, HPC, RCM, SoR, IBMS, GDC, GphC and others
- Certain assets and equipment needed for your work and not paid for by your employer
- Costs for using your own vehicle for work purposes, for instance when visiting a patient
How you can claim your tax refund
The first step is to fill out the online Tax Refund Claim Form. Then we will send you our Claim Pack, which you will need to send back, along with your P60s and P45s. If you need help obtaining these documents, your 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant can assist you with that too.
What it will cost you
We work on a strict no refund, no fee policy and charge a low 15% commission for a successful claim. So, should you be eligible for a tax rebate, you have nothing to lose and hundreds of Pounds to gain.
Don’t be one of the thousands who miss out on substantial tax refunds by not claiming their tax rebate. Speak to a qualified consultant on +44 (0) 80 8141 5503 or email us for a free assessment.
Get an estimate on what you may be due with our tax return calculator: