close menu

Our tax experts can help you recover lost tax documents

Claiming your tax back doesn’t have to be a confusing and daunting experience. We offer additional services that will make your tax refund experience as easy as possible.



We specialise in helping clients get their tax back

If you have lost your original P45 or P60, you will need to contact your employer or agency and ask them to issue you with a statement of earnings as a substitute.

In our experience, our clients have a higher success rate of getting these forms from their employers and agencies. We would therefore advise you to try to obtain the documentation first before contacting us for assistance.

If you are unable to do this, we may be able to assist you. Please note that we cannot guarantee that lost tax documents will be received, as employers and agencies are not legally obligated to issue statements of earnings. Read more details about this offer on our FAQ page.

Once we have the relevant documents, we can carry out a free check to see if you are due a UK tax refund. If you are an overseas visitor, travelling or if you have worked for part of the tax year (from 6 April to 5 April the following year), then it is highly likely you are due a refund.

Check if you are due a refund by using our tax return calculator or contact us for assistance.


Tax year | The tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year (i.e. the 2012/2013 tax year ran from 6 April 2012 to 5 April 2013).
Gross pay | Add together the gross income from ALL employments you had during the tax year you are claiming for.
Expenses | Add together all your work-related expenses for the year you are claiming for. NB: please remember to keep all your invoices and receipts.
Tax paid | Add together the tax paid from ALL employments you had during the tax year you are claiming for. (This does not include National Insurance.) You can find this figure on your P60 form or final payslip for the year.
Don’t have your documents? Click here.

This tax refund calculator provides an estimate of your tax refund, based on the information you enter.

Tax refund due to you:


Why people 1st Contact

No refund,
no fee

We have some exciting news
for all our 1st Contact clients...

1st Contact is rebranding to Sable International!

For the last 18 months we've been merging with our big brother, Sable International. By the end of the year, we're going to complete the rebrand.

The accountants, brokers, advisors and caseworkers that you are used to dealing with will not be going anywhere as the entire 1st Contact team will be in the same roles at Sable International. You'll still get that same great service, just under a new name.

We'll be keeping you in the loop as we prepare for the next exciting phase in this rebranding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.