Your questions, expertly answered

Your Questions Expertly Answered.

Q: I am a 22-year old South African woman, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies. Before I start working full-time in South Africa (possibly in Marketing), I would like to spend a year in the UK.  I can live with my sister, who was transferred to the UK 2 years ago, through her (UK-based) company. I could also secure an Au Pair job with family friends for the duration of my stay…  What are my chances at being granted a Tier 5 visa for a year?

– Deborah, Cape Town


A: Hi Deborah

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately the UK no longer offers the Working holiday visa for South Africans. Anyone wanting to work in the UK must either have a skilled job offer, or a parent / grandparent born in the UK.

The Tier 5 Youth Mobility scheme doesn’t apply to South Africans; however the Tier 5 creative and sporting category may be of interest to you if you’re a model or actress.

If you would like more information regarding our Nationality tracing service, please feel free to email us at if you need further information.

1st Contact Visas

Comments are closed.