Do you have your P60?

You’ll need one to claim your tax back.

It’s the end of the tax season and now is a good time to apply to claim back any tax you may have overpaid in the last tax year, as well as the past 4 years, if you haven’t claimed previously.

What is a P60?

A P60 is a legal tax form which contains a summary of all your pay and tax details for the preceding tax year (which runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year) which you receive from your employer, provided you have worked for them for the entire year. It’s also sometimes called an ‘end-of-year certificate.’

You might need your P60 for various reasons, including when you need to complete a self assessment tax return, claim back any overpaid tax or to apply for a loan or mortgage.

If your employer has not yet given you your form, make sure you ask for it – by law all companies must give their employees their P60s by the 31st of May each year. If you have already received your P60 from your employer and don’t use it to apply for a tax refund, you could be missing out on hundreds of Pounds due to you.

If you have worked only part of a tax year you should receive a P45 instead, and that can also be used to assess your tax refund.

Apply for your tax refund

Why not visit or call 0808 141 5501 and let a highly experienced 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant lodge a claim on your behalf?

If you don’t have your P60, they can try to source it on your behalf, and keep you up to date with your claim process. 1st Contact works on a “No refund – No Fee” policy, so you have absolutely nothing to lose!

, , , , ,