HMRC holds over three million Pounds in unclaimed tax every year, most of it meant for people who assume they aren’t eligible for a tax refund. If you can answer yes to any of the questions below, there’s a good chance you’re due a tax refund.
One in three people in the UK are due a tax refund
If you can answer yes to any of these seven questions, there’s a good chance you’re due a tax refund too.
- Have you left the UK before the end of a tax year?
- Have you left a job and/or started a new job before the end of a tax year?
- Have you paid emergency tax in the last four years?
- Have you had more than one employer in a tax year?
- Have you worked for only part of a tax year?
- Have you been on an incorrect tax code at any point in the last four years?
- Have you worked two or more jobs concurrently?
How to check if you’re due a tax refund
- Call a 1st Contact Tax Refunds consultant on 0808 141 5503 to see if you can claim back any overpaid tax.
- One of our consultants will ask you to provide information on the companies you worked for during the previous four tax years.
- Supply P60s and P45s from these jobs (if you don’t have these, a 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant can apply for them on your behalf).
- Your National Insurance (NI) number (if you don’t have a NI number, you can get one speedily through 1st Contact Easy NINO).