With the end of the financial tax year just a few weeks away, 1st contact would like to urge you to check if you are due a UK tax refund. The 1st Contact Tax Refunds team is geared up and ready to deal with the numerous claim requests that start pouring in at this time of the year.
To make it a little easier for you, we’ve put together a 3-step system for claiming back your tax.
Because we offer a ‘No refund, No fee’ service, you have nothing to lose, and an average of £850* to gain!
1. ASSESS YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- Have you paid Emergency Tax in the last 5 years?
- Have you left the UK before the end of a tax year (6 April to 5 May)?
- Have you had more than 1 employer in a tax year?
- Have you worked for only part of a tax year?
- Have you been on an incorrect Tax code at any point in the last 5 years?
- Have you had two or more jobs concurrently?
If you answered YES to 1 or more of the above questions, there’s a good chance you are due a refund!
2. PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
This is some of the important information you will need to gather in order to process your claim:
- It is vital that you have the exact information of the companies you have worked for in the previous 5 tax years.
- You will need to supply P60’s and P45’s from these jobs.
- If you don’t have P60’s or P45’s from your previous employers, a 1st Contact Tax Refund Consultant can help you by applying for these on your behalf.
- If these cannot be obtained, you will need to obtain a Statement of Earnings from the HR Department of the companies you worked for.
- You will need to supply us with your National Insurance number.
- If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you will have to apply for and receive your NI number before you can claim back your overpaid tax. A 1st Contact Tax Refunds Consultant can help you with that too!
3. CALL 0808 141 5501
Once you have all or at least most of the relevant documentation required, call 0808 141 5501 and let a friendly and highly experienced consultant guide you through the process and lodge a claim on your behalf.
Your consultant will fill out all the necessary documentation over the phone, submit your claim to HMCR and then keep you up to date with your claim process.
Please note that even with our efficient service and our direct line to HMCR, it can take up to 6 weeks before you get your hands on the pounds due to you. So the sooner you start the process, the sooner you will be on the receiving end of your overpaid tax!
To find out more about Tax Refunds, visit www.1stcontact-taxrefunds.com.