close menu

Do you have your P60?

by 1st Contact | Jun 08, 2011
  • It’s the end of the tax season and now is a good time to apply to claim back any tax you may have overpaid in the last tax year, as well as the past 4 years, if you haven’t claimed previously.
  • Accounting


    What is a P60?

    A P60 is a legal tax form which contains a summary of all your pay and tax details for the preceding tax year (which runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year) which you receive from your employer, provided you have worked for them for the entire year. It’s also sometimes called an ‘end-of-year certificate.’

    You might need your P60 for various reasons, including when you need to complete a self assessment tax return, claim back any overpaid tax or to apply for a loan or mortgage.

    If your employer has not yet given you your form, make sure you ask for it – by law all companies must give their employees their P60s by the 31st of May each year. If you have already received your P60 from your employer and don’t use it to apply for a tax refund, you could be missing out on hundreds of Pounds due to you.

    If you have worked only part of a tax year you should receive a P45 instead, and that can also be used to assess your tax refund.

    Apply for your tax refund

    Why not visit or call 0808 141 5501 and let a highly experienced 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant lodge a claim on your behalf?

    If you don’t have your P60, they can try to source it on your behalf, and keep you up to date with your claim process. 1st Contact works on a “No refund – No Fee” policy, so you have absolutely nothing to lose!

    • Three friends having breakfast
      Roommates, budget and location: Your guide to finding accommodation in the UK
      Aug 11, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • Group of friends having drinks
      5 ways to meet new people in London
      Aug 07, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • SA and UK flag
      How many South Africans were granted British citizenship last year?
      Aug 03, 2017  |  by 1st Contact
    • Puppy
      No pet left behind: Bring your furry friends with you to the UK
      Jul 28, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • Stoketoberfest
      Stoketoberfest is upon us
      Jul 28, 2017  |  by 1st Contact
    • heart calculator desk cash
      Stay on the right side of HMRC as a contractor
      Jul 24, 2017  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • choosing worker
      How to get a job after you’ve arrived in the UK
      Jul 21, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • happy young couple
      Don’t do the long distance thing, extend your UK spouse visa
      Jul 20, 2017  |  by John Dunn
    • Bulldozer through maze
      How to open a UK bank account as an Australian
      Jul 20, 2017  |  by Sam Hopwood
    • work environment
      Why UK contractors don’t trust HMRC’s online IR35 calculator
      Jul 11, 2017  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh

    Do you like cookies? We do, read why.