close menu

Could you be due a UK Tax Refund?

by Kobus Van den Bergh | Jun 23, 2010
  • Take the quiz and find out!
  • 104_Could-you-be-due-a-UK-Tax-Refund

    Did you know?

    • One in 3 people in the UK are due a tax refund!
    • There is over 3 million Pounds in unclaimed tax held at the Inland Revenue office!
    • You can claim overpaid tax for up to 5 years!
    • 1st Contact Tax Refunds works on a “No rebate, No fee” policy!
    • The average amount of tax claimed back is £850!

    Is there a Substantial Sum of Money Waiting to be Claimed by You?

    1. Have you paid Emergency Tax in the last 5 years?
    2. Have you left the UK before the end of a tax year (6 April to 5 May)?
    3. Have you had more than 1 employer in a tax year?
    4. Have you worked for only part of a tax year?
    5. Have you been on an incorrect Tax code at any point in the last 5 years?
    6. Have you had two or more jobs concurrently?

    If you answered YES to 1 or more of the above questions, there’s a good chance you are due a refund!

    What Next?

    Call a 1st Contact Tax Refund Consultant on 0800 856 2471 as soon as possible.

    Even with our efficient service and our direct line to HMCR, it can take up to 6 weeks before you get your hands on the pounds due to you. So let’s get the ball rolling today!

    Before you Call…

    Here is some information which will be useful to know before you speak to a friendly and experienced 1st Contact Tax Refund Consultant:

    • You will need to give exact information of the companies you have worked for in the previous 5 tax years.
    • You will need to supply P60’s and P45’s from these jobs.
    • If you don’t have P60’s or P45’s from your previous employers, a 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant can assist you by applying for these on your behalf.
    • If these cannot be obtained, you will need to obtain a Statement of Earnings from the HR Department of the companies you worked for.
    • You will need to supply us with your National Insurance number.
    • If you don’t have a National Insurance number, you will have to apply for and receive your NI number before you can claim back your overpaid tax. A 1st Contact Consultant can help you with that too!

    Draw up an Action Plan!

    Why not put together a list of the things you need to do in order to claim back your money? Then collate all the information you need and call us on 0800 856 2471.

    We’ll fill out all the necessary documentation over the phone, submit your claim to HMCR and then keep you up to date with your claim process.

    Start Your Tax Refund Claim

    Claim Your National Insurance Rebate

    • Three friends having breakfast
      Roommates, budget and location: Your guide to finding accommodation in the UK
      Aug 11, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • Group of friends having drinks
      5 ways to meet new people in London
      Aug 07, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • SA and UK flag
      How many South Africans were granted British citizenship last year?
      Aug 03, 2017  |  by 1st Contact
    • Puppy
      No pet left behind: Bring your furry friends with you to the UK
      Jul 28, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • Stoketoberfest
      Stoketoberfest is upon us
      Jul 28, 2017  |  by 1st Contact
    • heart calculator desk cash
      Stay on the right side of HMRC as a contractor
      Jul 24, 2017  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • choosing worker
      How to get a job after you’ve arrived in the UK
      Jul 21, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • happy young couple
      Don’t do the long distance thing, extend your UK spouse visa
      Jul 20, 2017  |  by John Dunn
    • Bulldozer through maze
      How to open a UK bank account as an Australian
      Jul 20, 2017  |  by Sam Hopwood
    • work environment
      Why UK contractors don’t trust HMRC’s online IR35 calculator
      Jul 11, 2017  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh

    Do you like cookies? We do, read why.