close menu

Claim your mileage tax refund now

by Kobus Van den Bergh | Aug 10, 2016
  • UK contractors often do work that requires them to move across the country-side. Even if you’re not a contractor, you can claim back a portion of the money you spend on your business-related transport. This is what is often referred to as a mileage tax refund.
  • Tax Self Assessment

    Who is eligible?

    Contractors, freelancers, permanent employees and even temps are all potentially eligible to claim. Whether you’ve used your car just once or if you do so every day you could be eligible to claim back money from HMRC.

    The only criterion is whether the mileage you racked up in your car was in order to fulfil your duties of employment.

    What can you claim back on?

    Visits to clients, travelling to offices that are not your regular place of work and even trips to the bank can all be claimed back. Unfortunately, you won’t get a tax refund based on you commute to and from your regular place of work. You can, however, claim tax relief on petrol you purchase for a company car and carrying passengers for work purposes.

    If you’re unsure of what qualifies, send an email to one of our tax refund experts and they’ll help you out.

    How to claim

    We’ve made it incredibly simple to file a claim for a mileage tax refund. To begin, head over to our tax refund claim application form and you’ll be well on your way to getting some of your Pounds back.

    Once we’ve assessed your claim for tax relief, we’ll send you our Claim Pack. All you need to do is then fill in the documents and email them back to us, along with your P60s and P45s and we’ll lodge your claim.

    Throughout this process, our team of tax consultants are just a phone call or email away should you need help completing any of the documentation you receive in your Claim Pack.

    Our “no refund, no fee” policy

    Here’s the great thing about using our service: We will assess your claim once you’ve filled in our tax refund application form and if you’re not due a refund we won’t charge you a cent.

    Should your claim be successful we will charge you a low 15% commission on whatever refund you are due from HMRC.

    Ensure that you get your full tax refund, give our tax refunds department a call on +44 (0) 80 8141 5503 or send us an email. Alternatively you can jump right in and do a free assessment by filling in our tax refund application form.

    • medical-cross-and-heart
      The NHS vs Medicare: Which is better?
      Jan 30, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • big-ben-london-at-night
      What is the cost of living in London in 2018?
      Jan 25, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • house-key
      To rent in the UK, you absolutely need to have the right to rent
      Jan 19, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • man-making-more-money
      This is how contractors can take home more cash
      Jan 09, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • airport-waiting-takeoff-plane
      5 pro tips for surviving your long-haul flight
      Dec 19, 2017  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • young-friends-drinking-beer-at-pub
      10 interesting facts about the UK working holiday visa
      Nov 27, 2017  |  by John Dunn
    • big-ben-on-union-jack
      How long it will take to qualify for ILR in 2018
      Nov 23, 2017  |  by John Dunn
    • blog autumn budget summary
      Autumn Budget 2017: Summary points
      Nov 22, 2017  |  by Scott Brown
    • couple-marriage
      Getting married in the UK? You may need a Marriage Visitor visa
      Nov 21, 2017  |  by John Dunn
    • isle-of-skye-uk
      The top 10 places to visit in the UK (that are not London)
      Nov 08, 2017  |  by Leanne Shrosbree

    Do you like cookies? We do, read why.