close menu

Am I due a tax refund?

by 1st Contact | Mar 14, 2014
  • HMRC holds over three million Pounds in unclaimed tax every year, most of it meant for people who assume they aren’t eligible for a tax refund. If you can answer yes to any of the questions below, there’s a good chance you’re due a tax refund.
  • Tax refunds

    One in three people in the UK are due a tax refund

    If you can answer yes to any of these seven questions, there’s a good chance you’re due a tax refund too.

    1. Have you left the UK before the end of a tax year?
    2. Have you left a job and/or started a new job before the end of a tax year?
    3. Have you paid emergency tax in the last four years?
    4. Have you had more than one employer in a tax year?
    5. Have you worked for only part of a tax year?
    6. Have you been on an incorrect tax code at any point in the last four years?
    7. Have you worked two or more jobs concurrently?

    How to check if you’re due a tax refund

    • Call a 1st Contact Tax Refunds consultant on 0808 141 5503 to see if you can claim back any overpaid tax.
    • One of our consultants will ask you to provide information on the companies you worked for during the previous four tax years.
    • Supply P60s and P45s from these jobs (if you don’t have these, a 1st Contact Tax Refund consultant can apply for them on your behalf).
    • Your National Insurance (NI) number (if you don’t have an NI number, you can get one speedily through 1st Contact Easy NINO). 

    1st Contact Tax Refunds is one of the largest  registered tax agents in the UK. If you’d like to speak to a consultant, call 0808 141 5503 or send us an email.  

    • london-bus-ben
      Applying for your NI number: Don’t go it alone
      Jun 12, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • london-thames-big-ben
      10 reasons why London is still our favourite city
      May 04, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • man-working-at-home
      Get the most out of being a contractor in the UK by following these simple steps
      Mar 15, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • tax-hand-magnifying-glass
      Reap the benefits of submitting your Self Assessment tax return early
      Mar 02, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh
    • students-graduating
      UK student visas: Here's how you can get one
      Feb 22, 2018  |  by John Dunn
    • students-school-chalk-board
      Get your child into state-funded school in the UK
      Feb 21, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • medical-cross-and-heart
      The NHS vs Medicare: Which is better?
      Jan 30, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • big-ben-london-at-night
      What is the cost of living in London in 2018?
      Jan 25, 2018  |  by 1st Contact
    • house-key
      To rent in the UK, you absolutely need to have the right to rent
      Jan 19, 2018  |  by Leanne Shrosbree
    • man-making-more-money
      This is how contractors can take home more cash
      Jan 09, 2018  |  by Kobus Van den Bergh

    Do you like cookies? We do, read why.