close menu

Get started on your personal tax return

Prices for UK tax returns start from £150 + VAT

HM Revenue & Customs require certain individuals to complete a personal tax return every year.

You will have to complete a personal tax return if:

  • You are, or were, a company director
  • You are, or were, self-employed
  • You earn an income from:
  • Overseas sources
  • Investment dividends
  • Rental property
  • You receive other income that is not taxed at source - for example capital gains or dividends

We can help you by advising you on filing a return or by taking care of the return on your behalf. Our service is simple, quick and competitively-priced; we quote in advance so that you don’t get any unwelcome surprises once your return is done. We lodge all our returns electronically as it’s faster and more secure.

Prices for returns start from £150 + VAT, depending on the type and number of income streams you have. HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) penalties for late returns start at £100 - regardless of whether you’re owed a tax refund or not.

How do you know if you need to do a Self Assessment return?

As a taxpayer, it’s your responsibility to tell HMRC that you need to complete a Self Assessment return by registering with them. This can be done online or over the phone. Failing to register usually results in significant penalties and/or interest accumulating in your name at HMRC.

About 9 million people in the UK have to complete Self Assessment returns each year. Unfortunately, many people’s first experience of Self Assessment involves receiving a penalty from HMRC. It doesn’t have to be this way. If you get the right advice and you start the process with plenty of time to spare, you will find that submitting a Self Assessment return can be a quick and easy process.


Speak to one of our friendly consultants to get started on your personal tax return today.

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.