There are a few reasons you may be required to complete a Self Assessment tax return, but some of the common ones include instances where you:
- Are, or were, self-employed
- Are, or were, a company director
- Earn £100,000 or more in a year
- Receive taxable income from abroad while living in the UK
- Are a trustee of a registered pension scheme or trust
- Receive £2,500 or more in untaxed income from rental property, investment dividends or savings
- Receive other income that is not taxed at source - for example capital gains or dividends
Let our tax return consultants guide you
Unlike employees, who generally pay tax through PAYE, directors and self-employed individuals living in the UK must submit Self Assessment tax returns. This can be a complex and time-consuming procedure, and should be done well in advance to avoid penalties and unnecessary stresses. It is possible to complete and file your own Self Assessment tax return, but it can be time-consuming and finicky. It may leave you wondering if you have completed it correctly, especially where you have multiple sources of income. Unless you are familiar with UK income tax as it applies to individuals, let us remove the stress from your return.
Our team of experts will help you through this process so that you can be left to get on with your career, with the peace of mind that your tax affairs are in order.