close menu

Non-resident landlords and tax in the UK

Confused? Let our contractor consultants answer your questions

If you own a property in the UK that you are renting out, you can register as a non-resident landlord with HMRC.

Most people in this situation also apply to receive rent from tenants or managing agents without having tax deducted. Under this arrangement, you will need to complete a Self Assessment return each year; declaring your income from the property. Some expenses and allowances are also permitted and these will reduce your tax liability.

As a company with thousands of clients living outside of the UK, this is an area that we specialise in. We can advise on the various expenses and allowances available.


Our consultants are available to help you with any questions or concerns.

We have some exciting news
for all our 1st Contact clients...

1st Contact is rebranding to Sable International!

For the last 18 months we've been merging with our big brother, Sable International. By the end of the year, we're going to complete the rebrand.

The accountants, brokers, advisors and caseworkers that you are used to dealing with will not be going anywhere as the entire 1st Contact team will be in the same roles at Sable International. You'll still get that same great service, just under a new name.

We'll be keeping you in the loop as we prepare for the next exciting phase in this rebranding.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.

Do you like cookies? We do, read why.