If you think one of your grandparents was born in Ireland, you might be eligible for an Irish passport through Irish ancestry. Here’s how to see if you’ve got a little bit of Irish in you.Consider yourself Irish if:
- You get chills down your spine when you see a wooden spoon.
- You know all the words to “Wild Rover.”
- You have an “Aunty Mary.”
- You go from snow white to ruby red after 20 minutes in the sun. With factor 50 sunscreen on.
- You develop an uncontrollable urge to sing very loudly after three ales.
- When you tell a story, there’s never a short version.
- You say “bye” at least three times at the end of a phone call.
If these traits sound a little too familiar, you might want to investigate your heritage a little further. If you have a grandparent who was born in Ireland, you could qualify for Irish citizenship.